Renal Social Support Program
Renal Social Support Program is a full range social day program for renal patients on different treatment modality. It provides a supportive environment for renal patients to take part in social, physical and educational activities to maintain their independence living and social network in the community. At the same time, provide respite service for caregivers.
Service Hours: Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Special exercise class for renal patients (e.g. Tai Chi, gentle exercise)
- Social and recreational activities (e.g. arts & craft, games & social gatherings)
- Group health education
- Caregiver respite and support
- Meals (hot nutritious meals to meet the special dietary, cultural and religious needs of the participants)
- Transportation (arranged upon request)
Supportive Health Services / Clinics:
- Massage therapy
- Reflexology clinic day
- Foot care clinic day
- Music therapy
- Other services (e.g. nutritional counselling)
- Program is supervised by a Registered Nurse for individual health care needs
- Private room available for client's peritoneal dialysis process.
Benefits for participants:
- Full day support program to keep participants connected with the community
- Respite for family / caregivers
- On-going social and health well-being.
For more information, please call: (416) 502-2323.