Carefirst Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Management Centre
Carefirst Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Management Centre is a joint venture of Carefirst Seniors & Community Services Association and Carefirst Family Health Team since 2011. We aim to motivate and enable individuals to lead an enhanced quality of life through the provision and promotion of community-based chronic disease prevention and management services.
All adults who are at risk or living with chronic diseases, caregivers of individuals living with chronic conditions, community service providers, and network of health care collaborators in the community.
Programs and services based on community needs, such as:
- Health Support Group – for example: Renal Support Group, Anxiety & Stress Support Group
- Health workshops – for example: Healthy Cooking Class, Metabolic Syndrome Workshop, Caregiver Workshop Series, Skincare Workshop, Weight Management Clinic
- Chronic disease prevention and rehabilitation programs – Community Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation Program, community outreach
- Individual counselling
- Chronic diseases self-management learning series
- Service provider training series
We are a team of dietitians, exercise therapists, family physicians, nurses, social workers, community service providers, and a network of health care collaborators in the community.
Location & Business Hours:
3601 Victoria Park Ave., Suite 309, Scarborough, ON M1W 3Y3
Mon - Fri 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
(416) 502-2323 ext. 6318